On August 1, 2019, BRCGS released the latest version of the packaging material standard, which was officially implemented on February 1, 2020. In order to improve the quality management level of Karmay Company, on May 8-9, 2020, an explanation training for packaging materials global standards (6th edition) was held, and related departments of the company sent representatives to participate in this training.
• Introduction of BRCGS packaging materials global standards
BRC原为：British Retail Consortium（英国零售协会），现更为：Brand, Reputation and Compliance （品牌 信誉 合规）
BRC was originally: British Retail Consortium (British Retail Consortium), and now it is: Brand, Reputation and Compliance (brand reputation compliance)
The audit standards for packaging material suppliers recognized by international buyers include: BRCGS, FSSC22000, and IFS standards. The global SGS certification has only issued more than 4,400 BRCGS certificates, with Asia accounting for only 22%, and Karmay is one of them.
Karmay focuses on hygienic food packaging containers, adhering to the customer-oriented, quality first business philosophy, and adhering to strict quality and hygiene monitoring standards. The production workshop and production process strictly follow the GMP standard, with 100,000 clean rooms. The entire production process is strictly produced in accordance with food safety standards and GMP requirements, and the incoming materials are inspected through strict quality management. It has passed BRCGS, ISO22000: 2018, FSSC22000 V5, Sedex and other certifications.
• Features and major changes of the sixth edition of the BRCGS Global Standard for Packaging Materials
The BRCGS standard stipulates the "diligence" requirements of packaging manufacturers, suppliers, packers, fillers and retailers. The new version of the BRCGS standard has been updated in six aspects, mainly related to food safety culture, corporate environmental monitoring, food protection systems, risk control, pet food & traded products, and compatibility with GFSI.
This edition changes, focusing on the following 7 aspects of updates:
1. Strengthen the process adopted by the quality management system in printing and packaging control through risk and hazard analysis
2. Continue to ensure the consistency of the audit process worldwide
3. The importance of product safety and quality culture to improve the transparency and consistency of food and non-food product supply chains
4. Simplify risk-based health requirements
5. Introduce a new basic clause, corrective and preventive measures to deal with risks and reduce the occurrence of risks
6. Based on risk, implement microbial environmental risk monitoring
7. Simplify the surprise audit program
Training course income:
The training of SGS teachers changed the past: the traditional model of "teacher tells students to listen and take notes", but through the practice of courses, debates, and teacher's comments, let us understand the terms and requirements and apply to the daily management. It is more conducive to improving the company's food safety management level, improving the communication between customers and suppliers, and reducing the risk of business operations.